Saturday 19 February 2011

Dermalogica part two...

This morning I had the chance to try my morning Dermalogica skincare routine - to see how I got on with the evening routine, click here . I'm glad I waited to use it on a Saturday morning, because it did take me some time, as I'll explain...



Step one:
Daily Microfoliant - comes as a powder (strangely) but once mixed with water it turns into a thick paste. It does go on smoothly and feels just the same as an exfoliating face mask. Once washed off, it does leave your skin feeling tight but smooth and clean too.

Step two:
Skin Hydrating Booster - not much to say about this as I used it as part of my night treatment too. You can see that blog post by clicking here.

Step three:
Total Eye Care with SPF15 - claims to smooth and re-texturise the skin as well as reduce the appearance of puffiness and fine lines. I haven't got any fine lines, so it didn't do much for them, but for puffiness, it did well. It is quite thick, so takes a while to sink into the skin. I also liked that it left a refreshing feel around my eyes too.

Step four:
Age Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF30 - this moisturiser had a similar consistency to suncream - it smelt like it and left that greasy look suncream leaves on your face too. Although it left my skin looking greasy, it didn't at all feel like it, just heavy on your skin instead. But I this could have been down to the fact that I put too much of the product on and went a bit overboard. The moisturiser did take a long time to sink in, but after 10 minutes or so, my skin looked a lot brighter and more radiant.

I was really impressed with these products, but it was a shame that the moisturiser took so long to sink in, so its not something I'd be able to use everyday. I must admit, my skin does look better and four hours later, it still feels as soft as when I first applied the products, so thumbs up all round.

Prices: Daily Microfoliant £38, Skin Hydrating Booster £49, Total Eye Care with SPF15 £36.50 and Age Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF30 £58.

1 comment:

  1. I really need to try these products once my current ones run out, everybody keeps raving about it and i need it :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig