Saturday 12 February 2011

bareMinerals Skincare

I had to take a photograph of the packaging, because its just beautiful

bareMinerals are well-known for their foundation, so what better way to expand your skincare collection by introducing three new products and completely changing some existing ones too. I was lucky enough to get my hands on two original products and one brand new - the Pure Transformation Night Treatment, Purely Nourishing Moisturizer and Purifying Facial Cleanser.


Each product is enriched with the RareMinerals ActiveSoil Complex - a mineral-rich soil, which works at energising the skin to deliver visibly smaller pores, faster cell turnover and smoother looking skin. So how did I get on, I hear you ask...

Whilst showering this morning, I decided to use the Purifying Facial Cleanser. Even though I always remove my make-up before bed, my face still looks pretty grubby in the morning, especially with little bits of eyeliner and mascara here and there. Needless to say, I loved the consistency of the cleanser but wasn't too keen on the smell, which was quite over-powering. But don't let this put you off - once it was rinsed off, the smell soon disappeared. Afterwards, it left my skin looking super clean and didn’t have a tight feeling to it. Overall I absolutely LOVED this cleanser and could possibly say it's one of the best I've used. It removed all my make-up (including stubborn eyeliner and mascara) and left my skin looking refreshed.


Next I applied the Purely Nourishing Moisturizer. Again I wasn't too fond of the smell and it felt quite tacky on my skin. It took a little while to sink in and once it did, it felt quite heavy. On a positive note though, it did make my skin texture look more even.


After applying my make-up (which includes foundation) I decided to try the Pure Transformation Night Treatment. Now you may be wondering, this is a night treatment, why is she applying it in the day? The answer for that is, if you were to see it, it's more of a foundation powder and no matter how much it tells me my pores will minimise if I apply it to my face at night, there is no way you will catch me putting on a layer of powder before bed, it’s just wrong. So instead I took a different approach. This powder was absolutely fantastic and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who has a problem with large pores and an oily nose. I wouldn't recommend using the brush supplied, because it's a little dense. Instead I found that going over with a powder brush to remove any excess, was helpful. It did have fantastic staying power though and even by the end of the day there wasn't an ounce of oil obvious on my nose - it was perfect.


Overall, I absolutely loved these products and the outcome of the night treatment was just a dream – maybe I should follow the instructions properly and pray that my pores will completely disappear!

Products are available from Bare Escentuals boutiques and Selfridges from April.

Prices: Purifying Facial Cleanser £15, Purely Nourishing Moisturiser £27 and Pure Transformation Night Treatment £45.

3 comments:

  1. Great review im always on the look out for new skin care ranges, the packaging is really cute xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I cant believe you got your hands on this already! I think its an exiting addition to the BE family and Im sure the line will continue to grow over the years. Exited to try it out myself. I'll be waiting up at midnight when it launches on Qvc

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are fantastic products and made me fall in love with the bareEscentuals range all over again! x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig