Friday 4 July 2014

Post holiday beauty haul


Okay, so the holiday blues have officially set in. This time two weeks ago I was enjoying a cocktail on a sun lounger overlooking the Gulf of Thailand. Humph! So in order to cheer myself up, I took a trip to Boots to buy some much needed items.

Now while I was in Thailand, I had the opportunity to try some authentic coconut oil. Although a little smelly and by this I mean not at all like coconut, I decided that I had to buy some once I was home, which is why I picked up Garnier Ultimate Blends The Sleek Perfector Oil. I’ve really been into the whole the Argan Oil thing and I’ve heard positive things about coconut oil, so I thought it was best to jump on the bandwagon before it left without me.

Now that we’re well into July and I figured what a perfect opportunity to ditch the blusher and replace with a gorgeous glowing bronzer. Problem being my dog ate my bare Minerals brush so I was after a quick replacement. After toying between Real Techniques and Eco Tools, I finally opted for the Eco Tools Domed Bronzer brush. My reason? Because it was bigger – it was that simple.

Now this is where I get to the essentials. Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes, a really boring product that I re-purchase at least twice a month. Writing that has reminded me that I must find a more eco (and purse) friendly make up remover. Secondly, a new mascara. In my quest to find the perfect mascara (you can follow the Mascara Monologues here) I obviously opted for something new - Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara. More about this in the next instalment of the Mascara Monologues soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

Despite not purchasing much, I came away feeling a little better that I wasn’t sat in 35 degree heat and sipping on a mango daiquiri. I guess the sunny British weather will keep me distracted for some time.

Please leave links below for your latest hauls. Or if you have any recommended products, I’d love to hear those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig