Thursday 31 July 2014

Bad beauty habits

We all have a bad habit (or two) and I’m no exception, especially when it comes to the beauty side of things. So, after sitting down and contemplating this post, I soon began to realise that I have far more beauty habits that would seem necessary, so instead of dwelling on them I decided to share them with you in the hope that you would agree that they aren’t so bad after all…

Why scrub, when you can wipe…
I hate to boast but I’m pretty darn good in the mornings. Once that alarm has gone off, I’m up and ready for the day to begin. However…I am so god damn lazy, especially when it comes to my skin.

Pass me a face wipe and the moisturiser and I’m good to go. There’s no washing, water, creams or serums involved which is probably doing my skin more harm than good. But don’t panic, my skin does get some TLC at bedtime.

Little pickers wear big knickers
One of my mother’s favourite sayings when I was younger – from food to cuts and grazes, eyelashes and nails, I was always picking something and could never leave anything alone. It seems that I have carried this rather disgusting habit into my adult life too and it all comes down to one thing – nail polish! A good polish will last two days max on my nails before I scrape, scratch and pick at it until it’s virtually gone.

To get over this habit I recently tried gelish. This time it lasted a total of 7 days before it was gone…

Don’t break a bad habit
This has to be one of my most annoying habits to date. Not annoying for others, but more annoying for me. I am the most unadventurous person ever when it comes down to beauty. I often re-buy the same products, stick to the same colours and never have I ever stepped out of the house in a really daring lip colour. You want an example? Throughout most of my early twenties I was still using a foundation and moisturiser aimed at late-teenage skin. It took some persuading (by myself of course) to branch out and opt for more mature products.

Keeping it dirty
I am 100% guilty of not washing my make-up brushes regularly and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone too.

Washing make-up brushes should be an integral part of my beauty regime, however much I tell myself, it is not. Not only do they keep bristles softer for easier application but it stops them from spreading dirty, nasty germs too, which can cause niggling spots and blemishes.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post just as much as I enjoyed writing it. I would love to read your comments on whether you can relate to any of my bad habits or read your own bad beauty habit posts - put your links below!

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post. Can completely put my hands up to a few of these but the worst has to be the 'don't break a bad habit'. I'm always arguing with myself that I should me more adventurous with makeup or try new trends...but I walk into boots and my exactly the same!! One day I will be brave :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one! In fact after writing this blog post I decided to set myself a small challenge and try at least once a month to either buy or wear something that is completely out of my comfort zone xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig