Monday 4 August 2014

Grey is the new black

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Firstly I want to apologise for using the stock image – I had the worst time trying to photograph this product. In fact, I didn’t even get as far as photographing it because I managed to smash it all over my kitchen floor, sending grey paint flying everywhere. I did, however, manage to get a sneaky shot of my nails after I had painted them. Apologies again for the lighting, it was taken just before bedtime and I wasn’t planning on using this photo at all.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Despite my mishap I still wanted to share this product with you because I absolutely adore the colour grey. I love how versatile it is and how it allows you to tone it down for daytime chic as well as mixing it up for night time glam. Either way the colour grey is hot and looks even hotter on nails too.

Maybelline’s Colour Show nail polish in Cool Touch is fantastic for wearing day and night. It has a slight blue-grey tone to it, neither looking too dark or light and will suit any skin tone too. After two coats it is fully opaque and it has a pretty good shelf life. It is safe to say that this colour has certainly made its way onto my list of summer shades, despite now having to repurchase again because of my clumsiness!

I bought Maybelline Colour Show nail polish in Cool Touch for £2.99/7ml from Boots.

Can you recommend any other grey colours that I should add to my collection? Leave your comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I recently smashed a bottle of nail varnish over kitchen floor too - mine was a bright red one from Nails Inc and it went EVERYWHERE ... the floor, the walls, the chairs... and the white cat! Not a good day!
    That grey looks like a lovely shade though, I like wearing it on my nails too, I use one from Revlon but it's discontinued now so I'm on the hunt for recommendations too!

    Kitty
    www.kittyblackadder.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It's a right bugger to remove too! I would definitely recommend this shade, plus its so cheap! Love your blog too :) xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig