Tuesday 13 December 2011

The Mascara Monologues: Maybelline Falsies Black Drama Mascara

This is the first of many posts in my Mascara Monologues and boy I've started with a good'un.


Maybelline are well known for their quirky, brightly coloured and beautifully packaged mascaras. But unlike other Maybelline mascaras, the Falsies Black Drama comes with a new formula. Containing extra long fibres and carbon black pigments, it sets out to give lashes a full on, false lash effect. 

















The brush is slightly different to your average. Instead it's curved upwards like a spoon. According to description it's to help fan out your lashes and ensure even coverage of the product.

After one coat and a full day's wear


Even after one coat it gives eyelashes a beautiful length and a subtle false lash effect. Maybelline claims that this mascara doesn't clump, but I wouldn't necessarily agree. When I removed the wand from the tube, the brush looked too full of product and I ended up having to wipe of a lot of excess. Also, it's not so strong on bottom lashes - it takes quite a few coats to make them stand out.

However, I'd most definitely recommend it for everyday wear. I think I bought it was around £8, which is a good price for a high street brand.

What are your thoughts on the Maybelline Falsies Black Drama Mascara? Are there any mascaras you'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig