Tuesday 15 November 2011

Little BU Nail Polish


My niece (who's three years old...) is always diving into my make-up bag. Digging out the latest blushers and lipsticks, ready to decorate her own face with. Unfortunately for me, this means my lipsticks end up with teeth dents and my blusher is damp (she thinks everything is lipstick...) But not only does she like make-up, but she loves having her nails painted too, which is why I was extremely excited to hear about this product.

Little BU was designed with little girls in mind. A nail polish that's non-toxic, water-based and odour-free and it's safe for even the smallest of girls to use. So I gave the nail polish a go myself...

I was quite surprised to find that the consistency was quite thick and it took rather a long time to dry. But once dry, it was a perfect shade of purple metallic, with a lovely sheen too. The nail polish doesn't come with that awful toxic smell - infact, it doesn't smell at all, which is fantastic for young girls. However, after doing the washing up I'd noticed that the colour had faded and on some fingers, disappeared completely. Although this was bad for me, I think it's a really good idea for children. It means the nail polish will come off in the bath and you haven't got to worry about using harsh nail polish remover on their tiny nails.

Priced at £9.95, I think it's a little steep but its such a fantastic idea. You haven't got to worry about using any harsh chemicals on your little girl's nails. And with eight colours to choose from, I'm sure you can find a colour in your collection that'll match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig