Wednesday 15 June 2011

Bourjois 10 Day Nail Enamel

I was super excited when I received this the other day - Bourjois' 10 Day Nail Enamel.

I don't know about you, but I hate chipped nails. It bothers me a lot when on holiday, so I thought this was perfect and couldn't wait to put it to the test.

On first application, the colour is more red than expected (I'm wearing 17 - Bougainvillea, a light raspberry colour). It comes with an angled brush, designed to make touch-ups easy, but I found it hard to get on with. It was difficult to apply a straight edge around my cuticles, which is why mine look a mess. After two coats my nails look like this...


Bourjois claim the nail enamel lasts up to ten days. What they don't tell you is that the colour only lasts up to seven and the touch up brush is used to bring the colour back to life again for another three days. I was interested to see how long the polish lasted without touch ups, so left it on for seven days to give it a fair trial.

Day 3



Day 5


Day 7


When I first received this product, I kind of liked the idea and I must admit, I still do. If I'd used the touch up brush then I'm sure my nails would have looked fab and considering it took 7 days to chip as much as this, then its not half bad - I've worn a lot worse! But it did stain my nails and I'm having to go au naturel to give my nails a break. But that's what you get for not applying a base coat - lesson learnt!

The Bourjois 10 Day Nail Enamel is available now for £5.99 and there are 12 shades to choose from. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig