Tuesday 14 October 2014

Autumn nails



Autumn is definitely one of my favourite seasons. The night’s drawing in, fashion gets warmer and autumn nails really pop.
 
This autumn, nail trends couldn't be more, well, autumn. From fancy fuscias to dark greens – there’s a nail colour to suit every single style. Here’s a selection of a few of my favourites.

Going nude
The great thing about nude polishes is that there is a shade to suit every skin tone – from super subtle transparent hues to dark, opaque tones – there are hundreds to choose from.
This autumn I will be sticking to a slightly lighter shade with a pink hint. I find that lighter toned nudes really flatter pale skin, like my own. My favourite at the moment is Charlotte Street from Nails inc (£12)

Make like a tree...
It goes without saying that the autumn months bring out the most beautiful, natural colours so why not reflect these on your nails. Dark blues and mossy greens are right on trend this autumn and were seen on the catwalks of Julian McDonald and Burberry. 




I love British Racing Green by Butter London (£12) and Max Factor’s Prusian Blue (£3.99).

A different shade of red
Red – a classic shade that can really pop. This season, the deeper and more orange, the better! 



To really add a hint of autumn go for a slight shimmering shade like Butter London’s Sun Baker (£12) and Models Own Tropical Sun (£4.99) from the Beetlejuice collection.
Heavy metal
Need a nail colour for those dark, autumn evenings? Metal based polishes are always hit at party season and can add instant wow to a simple party outfit. This season I love Chanel in Black Pearl (£18).




For those of you who prefer simple, classic outfits, adding a metallic nail can really finish it off. Something like Essie Shifting Power (£7.99) or if you want to try something a little different, nail wraps are perfect. Rebel Nails offer a huge range of nail wraps from Bright Mirror Nail Wraps (£7.99) to 22 Carat Gold Stunning Swirl (£14.95).
 
So with plenty of choice, I know I’m definitely going to have fun with my nails this autumn.

I would love to see your autumn nails – leave links to your blogs below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig