Monday 30 December 2013

Rounding up 2013

The year 2013 has been a pretty good year to me and I’m proud to say that I will be heading into 2014 will some fantastic memories.

This year I’ve celebrated numerous engagements, a marriage and a birth. I’ve gained new friends and spent more time with those who I have known for years. I’ve laughed a lot, cried a little and finally feel as if my feet are firmly on the ground.

Along with all of this, I’ve also discovered some fantastic beauty products too. They haven’t always been new, in fact some are old time essentials that I wish I discovered sooner. So here’s my round up of some of my best loved beauty products of 2013…

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Maybelline Baby Lips

Quite possibly my favourite lip product of all time, this year this little gem became a real staple for any beauty junkie. It’s perfect handbag sized, affordable and truly nourishes lips and to be perfectly honest, I won’t go anywhere without it. To read my full blog review on Maybelline Baby Lips, click here.

The foundation brush

Okay, I’ll admit. Before summer 2013, I had never owned a foundation brush (I was more of a sponge-applicator lover) but after seeing how flawless my sister’s skin was after applying her make up, I got make up envy.

The first foundation brush I purchased was by Eco Tools from Boots and I loved it. I was so impressed at how little product I was using and yet coverage on my skin had improved – with a couple of simple sweeps, my skin looked flawless and surprisingly lasted a lot longer than it ever did before.

I’m not that experienced when it comes to make up brushes, which is why I’ve promised to invest in a decent, worthy set in 2014.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
L’Oreal Skin Perfection Day Moisturiser

I blogged about this moisturiser not that long ago (in fact you can read it here) and it has completely transformed the health of my skin. I relied on an intense daily moisturiser that gave protection again daily stresses like pollution, sun and wind damage, but I had never realised that hydration was actually what my skin needed.  

Since using this product, my face looks brighter, healthier and my complexion has improved. I love the texture and although it feels quite heavy when applying, it actually sinks into skin quickly and feels extremely light. This is definitely a repeat product that I will carry on purchasing into 2014.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Nails inc.

Last but not least, my favourite nail brand of the year. The bright bods at Nails Inc. have bought us so many types of nail polish this year, from lettered nail art and beads to gel finishes and feather effects. Although they seem quite pricey on first look, I’ve never known a Nails Inc. polish to go gloopy or stringy and lasting a lot longer than any other polish I own.

In 2014 I hope to discover many other beauty products like these and share them with you. I’ve promised myself to up my blogging game and blog as often as I can (expect a post a week)!

In the meantime, I would like to wish all readers of Jade’s Beauty Blog, a very happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig