Wednesday 31 October 2012

Sanctuary Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser

When you think of the words hot cloth cleanser, the first two words of everyone lips - Liz Earle - the ultimate leader in the market. At nearly £15 for a standard product, it might be a little expensive for some, especially if you're trying it for the first time.

This is why I wanted to share with you an ever so slightly cheaper version - The Sanctuary Spa Brightening Facial Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser, priced at £10.20 from Boots.

Just like the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, the Sanctuary's version came with a muslin cloth and cleanser. After following the instructions carefully, I was surprised at how clean my skin felt afterwards. It claims to deeply cleanse the skin, as well as helping to stimulate circulation and leave you with a glowing complexion. I wouldn't exactly say my skin was 'glowing' but it certainly felt refreshed and a lot cleaner compared to when I use my everyday face wash. I'm not sure if this is down to the fact that it asks you to apply both hot and cold water to the skin, while massaging the product in too, which helps to wake your skin up.

The whole routine itself takes no more than a couple of minutes and the cleanser is really easy to use. You don't need a lot either, which means that £10 tube will last you quite a while. The only downside I guess, is that the muslin cloth can get quite mucky. I tend to take my eye make-up off beforehand, otherwise I'd end up spreading it across my face and that's not hygienic at all.

Due to how fresh your skin feels afterwards, I imagine this product would make a great cleanser for mornings. But I love my sleep too much and cut my skin care routine down to a mere make-up remover wipe and moisturiser, so I have mainly stuck to the evenings. I would also like to point out how few blemishes I have had since using this product too. During the last couple of months I have started to gain a few spots around my hairline, but these have cut down dramatically since using the product. I can only assume it means I am cleansing my skin properly and my pores are no longer becoming blocked.

I would definitely rate this product as an alternative high street version compared to the more expensive ones. So go on, give it a go! Let me know how you get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig