Sunday 2 February 2014

My January favourites

Back before I lost my blogging mojo I would give a round-up of my favourite beauty products that I'd been using that month. I’m not quite sure why I stopped, but I’ve decided to give it a whirl again. So here’s a quick recap of the products I’ve loved throughout January.
 
 
Soap & Glory Clean on Me Bath & Shower Gel
I received this gigantic product for Christmas as part of a gorgeous gift set from my best friend and I've not stopped using it since. I shower everyday and I'm not even a quarter way through yet - it really is huge!
 
Every beauty junkie knows that Soap & Glory products smell delicious and this product follows the same suit. It's floral, pink and girly, what more could a girl want? You can read my full review here.
 
Benefit Erase Paste
This miniature product was a sneaky treat for myself from Feel Unique a couple of months ago and it is ever so slowly replacing my trusty L'Oreal Touché Magique Concealer - my go-to concealer that I never thought I'd change.

It has taken me a little while to get used to the consistency of the concealer, as I have always been more comfortable using a lighter, creamier product. But after seeing how fantastic the coverage was, it has soon transformed itself into a real staple in my daily make-up routine. Not only does the Erase Paste completely cover blemishes and pesky fine lines I've recently discovered (!) but it has real staying power too. Usually a product as thick as this runs away from my face, but so far it has passed the test with flying colours. Now the real test will be in the summer!

Toni & Guy Hair Meets Wardrobe Shine Gloss Serum
Hair products have featured quite heavily on my blog recently and maybe it’s because of the weather. The damp, wet weather wreaks havoc on my hair causing a sleek and straightened look to turn into a frizzy mess within a matter of minutes. That was until I discovered this beauty in my Glossybox a couple of months ago.
 
I've always assumed serum was to be used as a way of protecting hair before styling, but this super lightweight formula controls frizz, smoothing flyaways and giving the illusion of a sleeker look that even Jen Aniston would be envious of.

The Shine Gloss Serum by Toni & Guy has soon turned into one of my daily essentials and a recommend must have purchase for the damper, winter months.

Barry M Matte Nail Polish
After seeing one of my closet friends post a picture of her matte black nails on Instagram, I can pretty much say I fell in love. I love how chic a good black nail polish looks and for me matte trumps gloss any day. The staying power of Barry M polishes can be a bit hit and miss but after 3 days there's not a chip in sight and that's without a top coat!

What have been your favourite products you've used during January? Can you recommend any? I'd love to see your links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig