Tuesday 25 October 2011

EADV Conference

Some of you may have heard of the Johnson & Johnson Beauty Care Journalism Awards. For those of you who haven't, it's one of the most highly regarded award cermonies in the beauty journalism industry, with editors, writers and more recently bloggers, attending in hope of winning one of the prestigous awards.

Last year I was working as a beauty journalist on a national women's magazine and entered the competition on a whim. I was completely shocked when on the night, I'd discovered I'd won New Beauty Journalist of the Year 2011. I was handed a beautiful award, £500 and a trip to Lisbon to visit the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV).

So last weekend I departed to Lisbon for three days, where I attended dermatology talks, browsed brand stands and ate lots of yummy food all courtesy of Johnson & Johnson and Red Consultancy.

While I was there I picked up lots of information from the brand stands such as Aveeno, Neutrogena, P&G, Clinique, RoC and Eucerin, plus tons more. So I have a lot of bedtime reading to do - learning about new skincare innovations, technology and products.

I had such a fantastic time and discovered how beautiful Lisbon really is. Thanks to Emily at Red who attended the conference with me and made the trip even more enjoyable. And to Anna who organised the whole thing. Not forgetting all the lovely people from Johnson & Johnson who I met while I was out there.

While I was there, I managed to pick up a few beauty products, but I'm going to share these in a different post. In the mean time, here's just a few photos from my trip...


The hotel Pestana Palace


Gorgeous hotel room


25 de Abril Bridge

Discoveries Monument


Tagus River

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Jade! Congratulations that's a huge achievement! And u got to go to the EADV how awesome is that! I myself always looove to attend courses where they teach about demo-cosmetics, u must have learned a lot:D
    And the Pestana Palace one of the best hotels around here!I'm glad u've liked Lisbon u sure got a good weather :D
    Beijinhos**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The weather was fantastic - we were incredibly lucky. Oh and the food was amazing too! x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig