Friday 1 July 2011

Blistex daily lip care range

Lip balms, creams and moisturisers have been one of my must-have products for years and if you were to look in my bag, you'd see I carry more than one type at any time. So when I was offered to review Blistex's daily lip care range, I jumped at the chance.



I'll start with the Relief Cream. Every winter my lips become dry and sore, but particularly last winter I had a niggling cracked area that wouldn't budge. I tried every product on the planet and nothing would make it disappear apart from the Relief Cream, which helped it heal within a week or so. On first application, it tingles and the texture is light and creamy. The only thing I would ask Blistex to change is the metallic type packaging - no matter how light you squeeze the tube, the product keeps on coming! Plus I can't throw it into the bottom of my bag either, for fear of it getting squashed. The Relief Cream is the perfect winter must-have, for dry, cracked or sore lips.


The Blistex Lip Massage is my most favouristist product of the bunch and my newest addition to reside in my handbag. I love the mini massage applicator, which helps work the product into your lips making them feel super soft. It's long-lasting, feels more nourishing compared to the others and not to mention contains SPF 15 so I'm safe to wear it when out in the sun - unlike Vaseline, which burns.


The Daily Lip Conditioner is actually a product I already use. I hate to say it, but I got bored of my trusty Carmex and needed a change. I must admit it doesn't last as long as the other products, but it does what it says on the tin - conditions and softens.



Lastly the Intensive Moisture contains SPF 10 and lighter than the Lip Massage and Relief Cream. Slightly tingles on contact and actually quite refreshing. It's more of a cream consistency, compared to other lip balms, which I love because it soaks into lips quickly and locks in moisture.

I'm really impressed with the Blistex daily lip care range because each of the products are set out to tackle different problems. One heals, another hydrates, another conditions and the last one moisturises - there's one for every type of problem at a budget price.

Available from Boots and other drug stores or visit www.blistex.co.uk. Are there any lip balms or creams you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. I cant live without blistex, mine is forever in my hand bag for emergencies xx :o)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig